I found this mixed among some things I had put away. Kids were never a lover of mushrooms. This is a very hearty soup. It serves about six depending on the bowls used. ~ Alan Toth
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon paprika (sometimes I use hot paprika depends on taste)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (liquid salt)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk (whole milk)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Sauté the onions in the butter for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 5 more minutes. Stir in the dill, paprika, soy sauce and broth. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the milk and flour together. Pour this into the soup and stir well to blend. Cover and simmer for 15 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Finally, stir in the salt, ground black pepper, lemon juice, parsley and sour cream. Mix together and allow to heat through over low heat, about 3 to 5 minutes. Do not boil. Serve immediately.